Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Almost Time!!

I board the plane for Tanzania in less than a week. I should be nervous, but I've been too busy to even think about the trip yet. What a blessing it will be to get there and only have my mission to focus on.

Four of us will embark on a 20+ hours of flying time starting Tuesday, June 21 at 11:00 A.M. and ending on Wednesday, June 22 at 9:00 P.M. We are going to the other side of the equator, so we will be arriving there during the beginning of winter. How many people leave somewhere in the summer and go to somewhere it is cold?

I have literally done NOTHING to get ready. Okay, okay... I got my shots (cholera and typhoid). I picked up my malaria meds and my antibiotic, in case I drink some bad water. And lastly I've begun this blog update. I haven't prepared any lessons, I haven't considered packing, I haven't purchased gifts for my hosts, I haven't prepared my notebooks for the teachers I'll be training. The problem is, I'm not sure when I'll be able to find time to do those things... but I am confident God will help me find a way to get everything done.

My hope is to post a little bit each day so you can walk this glorious walk with me! Mission work is not about the person doing the mission, but the people that we come in contact with, and that includes those of you who have been praying for me and supporting me as I prepare for this journey.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

2 comments:

Diane Kacvinsky said...

K,
I do not envy you the plane ride at all. I do suggest however; that you make sure you do not get a concussion while there. It makes for a much worse plane ride home. Not like I am speaking from experience or anything. I do envy you the experience though. Once a year is not enough for me, I'm not sure how you can stand it going every other year.
Take Care and know that I will be praying for you.

Di

Sara said...

Kristi - I am excited for you guys to get here. Don't worry about all of the prep, once you get on the plane, if you don't have it along - you don't need it!! Its going to be a great trip! Mungu Aku Bariki, Sara