Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bucket Showers!

Today I took my 4th shower out of a bucket. I'm getting really good at them and actually kind of prefer them to U.S. showers. What a water conscious way to take a shower. Picture this: You have a 5 lb paint pail filled with water that was heated from the fire outside. You stand in a 5 foot tall shower stall (keep in mind I'm 5'10. You carefully dip the cup into the bucket of hot water and then turn on a faucet in the shower that only has cold water and fill up the rest of the cup with cold water. You then proceed to pour it over your head (like you did when your children were little and in the swimming pool).

Today was such a good day. We woke up and had electricity so for the first time this week I've gotten to blow dry my hair. Not sure if I'll take showers and blow dryers for granted anymore.

We went into Moshi town to go shopping today. Found a few things I wanted to give as souvenirs, but not as much as I've gotten in the past. We are in town so we can meet Banerik, a student we have sponsored through bible college and now secondary school.

Tomorrow I will go to a small village church to teach Sunday School. I asked if there would be an interpreter and pastor said, "I will try". Given the fact that I only know food words and animals in swahili, I'm praying he will come through.

Peace to everyone back in the states! I'll write when I can!

Krist

1 comment:

Diane Kacvinsky said...

K, No interpreter, not a problem. Pastor Sara has been there longer than you and she has my translation dictionary. Have her do the job for you.
Di