Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bathroom Obsession?!?

Going through my pictures I discovered I have way too many pictures of bathrooms. What's up with that? Each one has a little story behind it. Maybe if I tell you some of the stories, you might understand the obsession.
  1. The first picture is a bathroom I encountered many times. Finally on the airplane I asked Heidi, "Which way do you stand, or squat actually, when you use an Asian toilet?" She said she turns around and faces the door, I always face the wall. Anybody know the right way?
  2. I had a real shower at my room in the church. No shower curtain or cold water, but I had a real shower.
  3. I had a beautiful bathroom at Amini's house. Problem: see the shower... but where is the drain and how do you take a shower with the toilet right next to you? Well, the shower wasn't working so see the bucket? He left that there for my shower. Problem... I had no idea how to use it since there was only a tiny little sink in the corner. How would you take a shower in this situation?
  4. Answer to #3... you add another bucket!!! I asked Amini the following a.m. how I was supposed to take a shower or at least wash my hair. He looked at me like I was crazy. He said, "Didn't you have a bucket of water?" Well, yeah, but I had to explain to him how I still didn't know what I was supposed to do. I said if I dumped the water over me it would get the bathroom floor all wet. He said, "Of course. That's what you do." What? Just dump a cup of water over your head in the middle of the bathroom. Apparantly there is a drain behind the toilet and sure enough, the water does eventually find it's way there. The 2nd bucket was for warm water so I had a cold water bucket and a warm water bucket. I actually thought this was my best shower I'd taken during my whole stay there. Loved the warm water.
  5. One place made it pretty easy to tell which was the women's bathroom. Look at the shoe nailed by the entrance.

No comments: